Hi! I’m Sophia Smith, a writer and editor based in Brooklyn.
Previously I worked at Medium as an editor at The Bold Italic. I also edited personal essays for Human Parts and worked with journalists and writers on other special projects at Medium. Before that, I was the managing editor of Make: magazine.
I’m interested in stories that elicit emotion and provide new perspectives. I’m particularly passionate about pop culture & the internet, politics & social justice, health & fitness, human relationships, and personal development.
You can reach me by email at sophiasmith at gmail dot com (please, no PR emails to this address).
- WRITING: Why Alumni Networks Are Flourishing
- WRITING: The Questions No One Asks When You Move 3,000 Miles Across the Country
- WRITING: The Perils of Being a Facebook Moderator
- EDITING: How a Vaccine Access Code for BIPOC Spread Through My Privileged Bay Area Network
- EDITING: Big Tech: You Owe the Bay Area Reparations
- EDITING: California Will No Longer Be a Livable State